Job Title: Public Sector ERP Consultant (Workday Financials)
Job Type: Full Time/Salary
Job Location: Remote
Compensation: DOE, plus benefits
Meridian Partners, LLC is a minority-owned and operated business. Since 2002, Meridian has helped organizations maximize value from their ERP investments, ensuring that enterprise software, infrastructure, and functionality are optimized to meet each organization or agency’s strategic goals. Meridian serves federal, state, and local governments, K-12 and commercial organizations.
The successful candidate for this position must possess public sector knowledge, an understanding of public sector accounting and finance concepts, integration points with major financial systems, and experience optimizing and automating business processes. The ability to effectively interact with all levels of the client staff (from clerical to executives) to gather, document, and validate end-user requirements is a must to help keep projects delivered on schedule and with the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction. We expect this position to initially be remote, to comply with recommended federal, state, and local health and safety guidelines and best practices. As those restrictions are modified, there the strong potential for travel within the United States.
- Provide application and design guidance in the areas of Workday Financials, Integration and Reporting after successful completion of company provided training and certification
- Evaluate existing systems and user requirements to design and implement a successful solution using product expertise, business knowledge, and technical skill
- Participate in and facilitate meetings to understand and document client’s business needs (i.e., financial transactions and reporting)
- Develop and present design documents.
- Communicate and present ideas and solutions to client team members.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to clients, while managing their expectations
- Lead all client delivery activities within assigned accounts
- Implement solutions and reports (Workday Financials)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or an equivalent field
- 4+ years of experience in the financial applications/services
- Strong conceptual, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Able to work independently once requirements have been defined, to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid understanding of Public Sector ERP implementation activities for the Funds Management business/functional area including requirements definition & gathering (blueprinting), system setup, integration testing, documentation, end-user training, and on-going support
- Proven experience with funds management, formulating account structure to meet business needs, budget control, FM derivation strategies, fund accounting, fund centers, functional area, commitment item, funded programs, grants, cost center accounting, encumbrance, cost allocations, general and/or special purpose ledger, due to/due from, split processor for fund balancing, month-end, and year-end closing processes.
- Experience with the use or development of financial reporting for modified (governmental) and full accrual (government wide) GASB 34-35
- Process knowledge of Material Management area, especially Purchasing, Controlling, Budget Control System, Grants Management, General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Asset Management, and how they integrate with the Funds Management.
- Clear understanding of public sector business processes and ability to offer best practice solutions
- Ability to become proficient in Workday Financial solutions and pass certification exams.
- Able and willing to travel domestically approximately 30-40% of the time
- Prior experience with the implementation of Workday.
- Prior experience with the implementation of other ERP software solutions (SAP, Oracle, JDE, PeopleSoft).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
No third-party agencies or submissions will be accepted